Becoming a Vendor
BaconAddicts.com is an online marketplace just for all things BACON, where manufacturers can sell their products directly to our customers (much like eBay, Amazon, or Etsy, we are the platform - you are the seller).
We are currently in the "Beta Test" phase and are reviewing vendor applications on a case by case basis.
We are signing up vendors who are already already familiar with eCommerce, have experience shipping and fulfilling their own online orders, and offer at least 5 unique SKUs that appeal to our existing audience.
How it works:
- The vendor (you) will setup your account and selling policies (about you, sales tax, returns and refunds, and shipping policies.)
- The vendor lists products for sale on our marketplace. New products will require a manual review and approval from us before going live on the site.
- The vendor determines the selling price of the product and fulfillment time. Orders will be expected to ship within this timeframe.
- The vendor ships directly to the buyer. As soon as an order is placed on our site for one of your products, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail with the order and shipping details.
- The vendor must provide valid tracking for every order. Once you enter tracking for the order, the customer will receive an order tracking e-mail.
- The vendor pays for shipping to the customer. We ask that you offer a free shipping option, so you would want to add basic shipping costs into the total selling price (to cover your costs). If desired you can print USPS postage for each order from within your account.
- We accept the payment from customers, pay all payment processing fees, and take a 15% sales commission on all transactions.
- You will be paid the sale price less commissions, returns, refunds, etc.
- We generally hold payments 10-14 days from the confirmed ship date. We make payments twice per month for any account balance over $10. (Payments under $10 are held until account balance exceeds this amount.)
- We make vendor payments via ACH (bank to bank funds transfer) on the 1st and 15th of every month. If that day falls on a weekend or holiday, we will make payment on the next business day.
- You will provide W-9 (tax) and banking information after your first sale.
In the future we may charge a small monthly administrative fee, and we are adding new features and tools (like our postage label printing system) which may have additional monthly or one-time fees when used.
Sound good? If interested, you can
request to sell on Bacon Addicts
. We will review your application and follow up with you within 1-2 business days. (If approved, we will set up your profile and you can begin listing products immediately.)
Apply to Become a Vendor
All Rights Reserved.